Mehrabad Airport is one of the two international airports in Tehran. Mehrabad was the first airport in Tehran for domestic and international flights. But in 2007, with the construction of the new airport, international flights transferred to Imam Khomeini International Airport. Accordingly. all domestic flights are served by Mehrabad Airport. The government of Iran also uses this airport and it is one of the bases of the Iranian Air Force.
About Mehrabad Airport
- It consists of 6 terminals:
- VIP Terminal
- It is used for Meraj Airlines for Governmental flights.
- CIP Terminal
- It can be used at a passenger’s request. The Terminal is open to all requests.
- Terminal 1
- It is only used for the departures of Kish Air and Zagros Airlines.
- Terminal 2
- It handles all flights of Iran Air, Iran Air Tours, Meraj Airlines, Qeshm Air and Ata Airlines and for arrivals of Kish Airlines and Zagros Airlines, but all the Jet bridges are only being used for Meraj Airlines. It also is used for all cargo operations.
- Terminals 4 and 6
- These terminals handle departures and arrivals respectively – for all other airlines.
- Terminals 3 and 5
- These two are only used during the peak time Hajj seasons.
- Terminal Crew
- It is used for the flight crews of all airlines.
Don't Worry About Your Transportation in Iran Anymore!
Apochi will take care of transportation to/from IKA Airport to your final accommodation, resort, hotel, apartment, or villa. Let us arrange a safe, reliable and hassle-free airport transfer for any group size and start your holidays or business trip smiling.
Mehrabad Airport Location
How To Get To Mehrabad Airport
Depending on which terminal you are aiming at, choose the metro station. There are two metro stations at the 4th line (yellow line) of the metro. If you are going to terminal 1 & 2, get off the first one and the second station is for terminal 4 & 6.
It is only 3 kilometers away from the Azadi Square. From Azadi Square take Lashkari Expressway, after 1.4 km take left to the Foroudgah Mehrabad St, then take right to Meraj Blvd and finally to Basij St.
Other attractions in Tehran
Hotels near Mehrabad Airport, Tehran
Book Your Hotel In Tehran
Book Your Domestic Flights in Iran
Ask your questions about accommodations in Shiraz from our travel experts: